The Society of American Magicians, founded on May 10, 1902 in Martinka’s famous magic shop in New York City, New York, is the oldest and most prestigious magical society in the world.
For over a century it has promoted the ideals shared by Kellar, Houdini, Thurston and over 45,000 others world-wide who have held membership in the society.
These ideals include the elevation of the Art of Magic, the promotion of harmony among magicians, and the opposition of the unnecessary public exposure of magical effects.
The International Brotherhood of Magicians is the world’s largest magical organization.
If you are interested in magic, here is a source of information that opens up many possibilities.
The I.B.M. has 85 years of continuous activities and embraces thousands of members from 73 countries.
There are about 300 branches, known as Rings, all over the world and there could be one close to you.
If you are a parent who lives on Cape Cod, be sure to take advantage of all the resources provided by:
Tips for Hiring an Entertainer:
After your initial contact with any entertainer (magician, balloon twister, face painter, juggler), be sure to ask for an agreement (email or letter) before you issue a deposit. The agreement should outline information:
- total fee (does this include travel?)
- type of payment (check, cash, PayPal)
- cancellation policy
- arrival time
- time of performance
- insurance and CORI information (if working with children in a corporate setting: library, school, recreation department, etc.)
Be sure to also ask about:
- set-up time needed
- amount of performance space required
- if there is a tipping policy
- any limit as to the number of attendees
- tables, chairs, or electricity needed
- can this be done indoors/outdoors
Party Venues 2017
- YMCA of Cape Cod -Barnstable- www.ymcacapecod.org
- Hyannis Youth and Community Center http://www.town.barnstable.ma.us/hycc/birthday%20party%20flyerfull.pdf
- West Barnstable Deer Club – West Barnstable- http://www.wbdeerclub.net/facilities.htm
- The Centerville Recreation Building , 524 Main Street, Centerville
Barnstable Recreation Division: –http://www.townofbarnstable.us/recreation/building%20rental%20permit%20application.pdf
- The Osterville Community Building, First Ave. Osterville
- The West Barnstable Community Building, Lombard Av & Rte. 149 West Barnstable
- Cape Cod Challenger Club, 418 Bumps River Road, Osterville MA http://www.capecodchallenger.org/facility-usage/
- Hyannis Elks Lodge 1549, 852 Bearses Way, Hyannis, MA 02601 508-775-8103 www.hyanniselks1549.org/function-hall-rental.html
- Liberty Hall of Marstons Mills, 2150 Main St, Marstons Mills, MA 02668 (508) 428-5662
- South Chatham Village Hall, 2567 Main St., South Chatham, Massachusetts (508) 432-7406
- Dennis Pines Golf Course -50 Golf Course Rd, South Dennis, MA (508) 385-8347- www.dennisgolf.com
- Dennis Highlands Golf Course, 825 Old Bass River Road, Dennis, MA (508) 385-8347 –www.dennisgolf.com
- Carleton Hall,1006 Old Bass River Rd, Dennis, MA 02638 (508) 364-5417 www.town.dennis.ma.us/Pages/DennisMA_
- Ryan Family Amusements, Falmouth –www.ryanfamily.com
- Elks Lodge 140 Palmer Ave, Falmouth, MA http://www.elks.org/lodges/lodgefacilities.cfm?LodgeNumber=2380
- Gus Canty Community Center, 790 Main St, Falmouth, MA 02540 (508) 457-2567 www.falmouthmass.us/depart.php
- Falmouth Navigator (Portuguese-American Association of Falmouth) 55 Ashumet Road, Hatchville, MA 508-563-7396 http://www.falmouthnavigador.com/Pages/bp1.aspx
- Cape Cod Children’s Museum – Mashpee- 508-539-8788 – https://www.visitcccm.net/parties-rentals
- Boys and Girls Club – off Route 151 in Mashpee 508-477-8845 www.boysgirlsclubcapecod.org/page.php?page=11
- American Legion Post 82, 21 Washington St, Nantucket, MA (508) 325-6677 www.facebook.com/pg/American-Legion-Post-82-Nantucket-MA-
- Pocasset Community Club Inc , 314 Barlow’s Landing Rd, Pocassett, MA $50/4hrs – Contact : Pocasset Community Club , Elizabeth Ford, PO Box 1152, Pocasset, MA 02559-1152 , (508) 295-6633
- Sandwich Lodge & Resort (pool parties) – Sandwich- http://www.veryhair.com/
- Oak Crest Cove, 34 Quaker Meetinghouse Road,Forestdale , MA Sandwich Recreation Department www.sandwichrec.com/documents/town_of_sandwich_oakcrest_cove_lodge_rules_and_regulations.pdf
- Americal Legion Post 188, 20 Main St, Sandwich Contact the facility manager Donna at (508)888-9832 – http://post188.net/facility.html
- Preservation Hall 335 Main Street, Wellfleet, MA 02667 www.wellfleetpreservationhall.org/index.php/plan-an-event/private-events
- Ryan Family Amusements, So.Yarmouth –www.ryanfamily.com
- Bonker’s Party Zone – Yarmouth- $215-275 2hrs (2005) – www.bonkerzpartyzone.com/